Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mysteries in 66 Square Feet

The hot pink, peppermint-scented agastache has turned violet...

Below, one of my lilies in bud. My lily bulbs were a bit disappointing this year, from the otherwise reliable Lily Garden. Some of my lilies - all 'Topsail' - arrived soft and squooshy and I did not plant them. Others had stems already sprouting in their sawdust bags, and these had snapped off in transit.

Last night it started to open. I couldn't remember which lilies I'd planted here, so looked forward to seeing some intense colour.

And this morning I'm no wiser. Intense pastel. It's not 'Elise', it's not 'Seafarer'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.