Friday, June 5, 2009

East Houston median in the rain

Five weeks later:

I took these this afternoon leaving the Lower East Side for Brooklyn, and home.

Above: Geranium 'Rozanne' somewhat swamped by rain-heavy Nepeta 'Walker's Low.'

The first echinacea! I'll confess, it is not a favourite flower of mine - though some new varieties are spectacular. They are long-blooming though, and tough, so that factored into my choice for this traffic-blown strip of land in New York. I have to check my records to see what variety this is: I have forgotten...

The poor Gaura 'Whirling Butterflies' were puny when they were planted, and I was worried. Now look at them. I had wanted to intersperse them with Calamintha nepeta 'Montrose White', to really knock the bees out - but the Calamintha were still dormant and not viable yet. I think it's just as well. The way things are growing we'll have too many plants.

A hedge of agastache, dwarfing the roses. That wasn't planned.

Looking back west down East Houston. It's a happy median...

I'm thinking September for the current lot, future park across the road.

Three weeks after it was planted here.

3 comments:

  1. As I dance the irish jig in the studio, painting away....
    David Garland again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. *yep*

    We live in a bubble.

    It seems to be my new Friday ritual.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.