Friday, June 5, 2009

East Houston median in the rain

Five weeks later:

I took these this afternoon leaving the Lower East Side for Brooklyn, and home.

Above: Geranium 'Rozanne' somewhat swamped by rain-heavy Nepeta 'Walker's Low.'

The first echinacea! I'll confess, it is not a favourite flower of mine - though some new varieties are spectacular. They are long-blooming though, and tough, so that factored into my choice for this traffic-blown strip of land in New York. I have to check my records to see what variety this is: I have forgotten...

The poor Gaura 'Whirling Butterflies' were puny when they were planted, and I was worried. Now look at them. I had wanted to intersperse them with Calamintha nepeta 'Montrose White', to really knock the bees out - but the Calamintha were still dormant and not viable yet. I think it's just as well. The way things are growing we'll have too many plants.

A hedge of agastache, dwarfing the roses. That wasn't planned.

Looking back west down East Houston. It's a happy median...

I'm thinking September for the current lot, future park across the road.

Three weeks after it was planted here.

3 comments:

  1. As I dance the irish jig in the studio, painting away....
    David Garland again??

    ReplyDelete
  2. *yep*

    We live in a bubble.

    It seems to be my new Friday ritual.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.