Friday, May 22, 2009

In The Electric Mist



I watched In the Electric Mist on Netflix the other night.

I only just learned it was released straight to DVD in the States! That's nuts.

What hooked me within seconds of the opening credits rolling, though, was this music. Wow.

Before I had ever set foot on American soil the only place in the States I had a desire to see was New Orleans. In my ignorance - and considerable bias, back in the day - I thought that it was the only place in this huge country with any culture worth bothering about. Music. And food.

And the best American books I have read are Southern.

Kyk hoe lyk ek nou. Meaning, sort of, ain't it ironic?

I have still not seen New Orleans.

[MP3's and the CD can be bought from Amazon UK. La terre tremblante is the song played in this post, featuring Courtney Granger and Dirk Powell. Written by Marco Beltrami.]

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Zydeco music...and this song really grabbed me. I didn't know anything about this movie, but it sounds fascinating. I've read some of James Lee Burke and i can just bet this is a very intense movie. Can't seem to find a soundtrack of the movie...hmmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. then I guess you really do know what it means to miss New Orleans
    (sorry, couldn't restrain myself. . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love James Lee Burke's stories ... I finished reading his novel, The Tin Roof Blowdown, a short time ago ... a chilling snapshot of New Orleans right after Katrina.

    Keli'i

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.