Thursday, June 4, 2009

Discoveries

I had to crush a leaf a little to make sure: yes, a thyme seedling. From a minute thyme seed, fallen sometime last year, frozen through winter, nourished by rain, germinated and 2 inches high this June.

Sweet surprize. The sniff-test confirmed it as as summer savoury. Grown about 6 feet away last year in a tiny pot, allowed to go to seed, and look. I have summer savoury again. One of my favourite cooking herbs.

And another one, smaller, up amongst the fallen petals.

I also discovered that I can hoover up my rose petals without sucking up gravel. Sweet.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious!

    nice hoover visual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice...aren't those little surprise plants called "volunteers"? As in we'll volunteer to grow again for you this year?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.