Saturday, May 23, 2009

Verdant Gowanus


With apologies to Kipling: the great, grey-green, greasy Gowanus Canal, all set about with Aspen trees...never looked so good.

I could almost have been in the Midwest.

A great new, timely blog in town, Brokelyn, turned me onto the opening day at the Brooklyn Yard. The lines for food were well in excess of half an hour long, so I skipped. But it sure was purdy. Only drawback - they allow dogs in. I just feel weird sitting on dog-visited grass.

Sit! Nice doggy! Now go home.

3 comments:

  1. Not that I'm from the Midwest, but r u comparin the goo anus to the Midwest???

    Hmm.

    Today I saw deer chasing each other in circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigod.... haven't heard that since grade 6... the great green greasy banks of the Limpopo river all set about with fever trees.... hahaha....how is it some things are committed to memory forever..and ever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This almost can't be the canal I know. Too green, too pretty. I guess it's a good thing we can't attach smells to pictures. Yet.

    You didn't mention it, rightfully so I guess, but there's drama nearby. Shame.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.