Monday, May 11, 2009

Median coming along

All the Ingwersen's Variety geraniums in the Median are in bloom. Some of them seem loose at the crown - the plant sort of flops to one side, but they came like that from the nursery. Possibly too long in their containers and over-grown.

But it's a pretty sight.

All the other perennials look healthy, and the tender amsonia of two weeks ago has blue buds.

I was not happy with three of the roses, which had significant dieback, and I swapped them out today, for happier ones. Reason for unhappiness: grubs in roots! From nursery. But the other roses have lots of buds and glossy green leaves.

Tomorrow I go apple tree hunting on Long Island. In the boss' new car. Let's hope that goes well...thanks, Boss!

4 comments:

  1. Boy do they grow fast! Hard to believe this was just planted, for a neophyte like me any way. The good news is it makes it harder for the dogs to spoil it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think the "Mariedian" is looking lovely. And I wish I had coined that term :-)

    Marie, being a graffiti fan and a Brooklyn-er (Brooklynite?) have you seen these:

    http://colormekatie.blogspot.com/2009/04/shadow-project.html

    They made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Mariedian"! I love it, MIT! And yes, it is looking beautiful...you do good work, Marie ;-)

    Keli'i

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe all that growth in such a short time - maybe NY vibe

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.