Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Corydalis lutea

Korydalis = lark's head. Also known as yellow fumitory...

And down...the furrow dry
Sunspurge & oxeye
And laced-leaved lovely
Foam-tuft fumitory.


The Woodlark, Gerard Manley Hopkins, 1844-1889

It grew in the old brick wall of my garden in Alexandria, years ago, and self-seeded easily - maybe too easily for some. It is like a little yellow bleeding heart, but keeps flowering, not giving up after spring. Some sun, some shade, and a little, very little place for its roots.

I went to the BBG to do some native plant research - which pictures I shall inflict on the blog this weekend - for the park-to-be...

The wisteria , all of it, was astonishing. The lilacs almost past it, but still wonderfully scented. More pictures will follow. But if only we could click and sniff.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! I'm going to move any self-seeded volunteers I find in my beds to the retaining walls in the back yard. I've never seen it growing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Corydalis. And a big fan of the long-flowering dicentra, bleeding heart.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.