Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big Sky Country

The promenade at the edge of Brooklyn Heights looks down and out over the last piece of the East River that isn't a river, and over New York Harbour. This is big sky country.

This was the afternoon before the night of the storm that ripped over 100 old trees out of a corner of Central Park.

Specks in the sky are passenger jets and helicopters trafficing over New York.



4 comments:

  1. What stunning photographs! I love clouds, and big skies and the monumentality of your pictures makes me feel I know my place again as a speck in the universe, and that feels just fine. :) Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!
    from insects to frog chickens to clouds, yours is a world of beauty everyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Biblical sky - did I just see an elderly prophet and a chariot up there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely breathtaking...

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.