Friday, August 10, 2012

Figs in disguise


Tomatoes from the roof, basil from the terrace, wonderful purple figs of unknown origin, and burrata from...drumroll...: an American cow. Cymbal clash (((((((())))))))))). Thank you.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Apparently I have been living under a rock. This burrata is from Wisconsin - Bel Gioioso, bought at Pacific Gourmet on Court Street. I liked it.

The sweet but still firm figs work really well with the bland, creamy cheese and acidic tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, a shaking of vinegar and little olive oil? 

Not bad.

2 comments:

  1. I have only found unripe figs lately, I guess I will have to wait till September.
    I grilled them and wrapped them in pancetta and the world was right again.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.