Friday, August 10, 2012

Figs in disguise


Tomatoes from the roof, basil from the terrace, wonderful purple figs of unknown origin, and burrata from...drumroll...: an American cow. Cymbal clash (((((((())))))))))). Thank you.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Apparently I have been living under a rock. This burrata is from Wisconsin - Bel Gioioso, bought at Pacific Gourmet on Court Street. I liked it.

The sweet but still firm figs work really well with the bland, creamy cheese and acidic tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, a shaking of vinegar and little olive oil? 

Not bad.

2 comments:

  1. I have only found unripe figs lately, I guess I will have to wait till September.
    I grilled them and wrapped them in pancetta and the world was right again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.