Sunday, June 12, 2011

A break in the weather


When I woke up on Saturday morning I was cold. Which was odd. True, the fan was blowing on me, and we had gone to bed with the airconditioning on. But despite the drop in temperature outside the building is slow to cool down, and we live just beneath the hot roof.

Heavy rain had fallen in the night - I could hear it on the skylights.


Stepping onto the wet terrace I felt the fine mist of rain that persisted. It was cool cool, cool.


Small drops clung to the jewelweed (stolen as as a seedling from Inwood in April).


Respite.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful marie. the rain somehow was so humbling, especially after the cocky heat last week. respite for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were cool, cool, cool? I am jealous, jealous, jealous.

    Though our humidity has fled and it appears to be a beautiful Sunday here.

    I have to go to a wedding, but I really need to be weeding. Damn.

    xo j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The temps have definitely cooled down. Our plants are loving the much needed rain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.