Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The party's over


The dishes have been washed. The fan is blowing on my sleeping husband in the bedroom. The cat sleeps there, too. The flowers are still on the table, I am sipping a last glass of wine. I like to linger after the party, and wonder what it was all about. It's better that they go on, and so defer all thinking...In Cape Town after very, very long lunches under the tree, on a Sunday or Saturday, we would land up at Anatoli in the evening, and the party would go on. I would like to be able to go there now.

It was a good dinner.

Eric and Mimi

5 comments:

  1. There was a time...I remember dinners like this, and lunches, when the stories, the conversations, even, sometimes, arguments...would pick up and continue at the next venue.

    This blog gives us voyeurs a brief glimpse into another life. And ignites old coals for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marie for letting us peek in, the party looked awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous dinner Chicken. I never could understand why you could possibly go to Anatolis after a long, long, into-the-early-evening lunch. Now I think I do.
    It wasn't actually for food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and, I trust, no one snickered at the cat in his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is what life is all about...savoring our blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.