Thursday, October 13, 2011

Visitor


A single red rose petal lay on the gravel of the terrace this morning. It had blown over in last night's rain from the next door terrace where a red and a yellow climbing rose have been in late season bloom.

11 comments:

  1. I was so struck by your visual today of a rose petal. It is a manifestation of St. Therese's promise of "I will let fall from heaven a shower of roses" in manifestation of a miraculous intercession. And today, I was granted a miraculous near resolution(settlement in progress) to a long and difficult problem. I want to thank you also for the regular beauty and solace that you have given me during this interim
    by viewing your website. I always make viewing your site the last thing I do on computer, to keep with me its lingering perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice what anonymous has said, how could I add to it? Lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute ...... and a beautiful photograph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning photograph and love your gravel floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous - I did not know about St Therese and roses...I am glad that whatever was wrong is coming right. And thank you.

    Frank - :-)

    Hen - thank you for your pictures...xxx

    Laura - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image. On a totally unrelated note, the Abyssinian gladioli are still blooming - due to the incredible mild (well, downright warm!) autumn we're having - and they smell of the seaside. Salty air, seaweed and suntan lotion... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this so ..linked on my blog today ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. This picture, for some reason, speaks to me of the Pacific Northwest... Beautiful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's lovely and I enjoyed Anonymous' comment. I found you through elk's blog. It looks like you have 3 blogs, that's very ambitious. I have tried to start a 2nd blog, exclusively about my cats, but I find it very hard to keep up with 2 so my original one gets most of my attention. Fortunately, my many cats are not neglected :) Your cat blog is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.