Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall kale


The best performers on the roof are the dwarf kale (front of basket), followed by the Italian kale, and then the Red Streak mustard greens. Ailing right now are the red mustard and wild arugula, and this is because they are in the narrow troughs, whose drainage is not as good as the big pots. Something to bear in mind. I should have added more holes; they are sitting wet and they don't like it one little bit.  The Frilly mustard should be called hirsute mustard - it's full of prickly fuzz. Not fun on the tongue. I'll sow another kale crop. Oh, and the peas are wonderful, I keep cutting the tips off and eating the shoots as salad.

Very slow - the broccoli raab, still tiny, the onions,  and the parsnips. Very curious to see if the latter will make it through winter.

Now off to the Cobble Hill Animal Clinic with the cat. I dread vet trips. He has been drinking far too much water. My furry friend, I love him so.

7 comments:

  1. We love him too. Our guapo Estorbo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the diagnosis? Sisko drinks like crazy. I lift him up on the bathroom sink and he stays there drinking for more than 2 minutes Yes, I've timed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hoping all checks out OK with Storbie. He is a much loved cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your photo was a painting.

    a bit of Gauguin in Brooklyn.

    Kitty update please.

    xo J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your lovely boy is ok... Drinking excessively can be an indication of kidney issues - I sincerely hope that all is well with The Main Cad ^.^ x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope everything is okay with kitty. He is a very special gato. Is he going to be okay while you are away for the weekend? Please leave him the computer so he can stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your furry friend is fine, or at least has only a minor issue. We had a scare with Findley, but a vet-initiated change in his food has made a big differece.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.