Thursday, May 5, 2011

Time

to make lists

(this is a list)

to categorize accumulations
to sip a cold gin and tonic
to water the roof farm
to count my new radishes
to polish  the silver
to plan a menu
to delete obsolete resumes
to update new ones
to see things as they are
to look forward
to visit with my friend

to laugh

to brush the cat
to love my Frenchman
to grill some lamb chops
to start all over
to label folders
to think of stories
to enjoy my new little black dresses
to listen to new music
to thank those who are helping me
to sink into sleep
to breathe out

5 comments:

  1. It's a list that's a lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Reminds me somehow of Evie Shockley's Canvas and Mirror - that tempted me to write my own version of it over and over again - see if it does the same to you!
    http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/22038

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dit is 'n goeie lysie. En ja, as mens uitasem is als makliker ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.