Saturday, June 16, 2012

The state within


It has been a week of fava beans, garlic scapes, shelled peas. And that's my photo of the crazy cucuzza blossom on the cover of the Summer 2012 edition of Edible Brooklyn, now on the streets. That was a nice surprise.

Inside the magazine is the story of how I landed up in this little apartment, in this building (which is listing to the south, I swear) - Turf: 66 Square Feet. The cat is sulking because he did not make the cut, as far as the photos went. But he is mentioned. It's in his contract. He fired his agent, though.

I am now about to figure out an idea for an avocado recipe for Food 52's next contest. I haven't played for a while, but every now and then it is fun, and this one is a challenge. I love avocado, but believe it should not be interfered with, too much.

In other news, I am tired. Sounds exciting, doesn't it? Three nights in a row, very little sleep. I'm not even plagued by the night terrors, with which (whom?) I am on nodding acquaintance (are you?). Can't explain it. I just lie there and don't sleep. A jetlagged hollowness has taken up residence in my head, my sense of humour has fled.

Hopefully tonight I'll get lucky...

Tsk.

6 comments:

  1. What would Edible Brooklyn do without you? A lovely piece, beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie that piece is just magical and so beautifully written.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made me google cucuzza, I'll have you know. Though it might have been what I would call "gagootz", but then again I have a recipe from my next door neighbor for Pasta Fagioli written when I was in 4th grade titled "Pasta Fazu". Enjoyed your piece. A very sweet love story too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marie, try melatonin. In SA it is a over the counter supplement. Take 1 hour before you want to go to sleep. Works a treat.

    Sterkte. Marlette

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.