Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Picnic season has opened


Silk Road is blooming under our interesting skies. This was yesterday evening. Today is transparently blue.

I am taking a break from writing and obsessively photographing everything I cook - well, no, that part's not true - and am preparing not one but two picnics for tomorrow. A rough 'n ready picnic that can travel on a subway and train and in hand, to carry out to Dead Horse Bay with Ellen, who has never been there (she is bringing elderflower champagne) - I thought the champagne warranted cucumber sandwiches, and I have a couple ripening on the roof. And then a more elegant and fullblown one for tomorrow evening at Pier One, Brooklyn Bridge Park with the lovely Stephen Orr and his partner, Chad.

Now I'm off to have my hair snipped for summer. An hour in a chair with a little shoulder massage from Izumi (the best part) will give me time to figure out picnic menus.

8 comments:

  1. Just read the Pok Pok Ny review in the NYT, called that one didn't you.

    Luckily Vince wasn't mentioned.

    Enjoy your picnics,

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read the Pok Pok Ny review in the NYT, called that one didn't you.

    Luckily Vince wasn't mentioned.

    Enjoy your picnics,

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry apparently I felt my comment was so earth shattering I had to post it twice.

    Here comes my pic again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like having three of you here. he might not have been mentioned buy there is is, chewing his wings in the background :-)

    I hope we get into Pok Pok again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, where do you get your hair cut? I go to Hayato (when I start feeling guilty for cutting my hair with nail scissors) on 23rd st. and they give me lovely shoulder massages (and good hair cuts toooo).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen's elderflower champagne? be still my heart. The Silk Road is so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great blog / reflection of beautiful souls

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna, my hairdresser is Izumi Okada - she is wonderful. $55 for a shampoo/cut/blow. She works out of a converted studio in the East Village. Rough around the edges, and but not Hayato prices :-)

    webb- xld due to heat :-)

    Thank you lion :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.