Monday, October 11, 2010

Joan Sutherland

I just read that Joan Sutherland has died.

For some reason, on Friday evening, I listened to aria after aria sung by her, via YouTube. I have not listened to her in many, many years, despite the stack of La Stupenda cd's I still own. Although she could be hard to watch as an actress, as a singer, hers was the first and last standard of perfection and quality of voice I held as inspiration. Her voice and musicianship were unmatched in her repertoire.



They don't make them like that any more.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. It's like the opera firmament is short one of it's brightest lights tonight. A great Dame.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.