Monday, July 7, 2008

Late lilies: Lilium Eurydice, Silk Road and Dunyazade

Over the weekend the last Eurydice faded and was snipped to be put in a vase inside.

The plectranthus was looking very full and happy.

On Sunday I planted some liatris with the lilies to the left of the door, all in bud, and me digging about their roots. T-t-t-t.

I earned a red currant G&T.

This morning...look what my digging did: it's aliiiiiiive!

This evening, Lilium "Dunyazade" had opened.



And so had its friend, the other Silk Road.

These are on the other side of the terrace. I don't hate them as much as I used to.

3 comments:

  1. Your G&T looks like it contains Nemo's entire decimated family, at egg stage...

    Tes fleurs sont superbes, ma chouette, comme toujours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrrr fish eggs in gin. Yugh.

    Merci, mon hibou, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, thanks so much for reminding me of the sugared redcurrants. Sounds like a great idea to me, and no de-stalking, perfect! If I liked gin, I would be making lots of your version of a g&t! x

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.