Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October terrace

Looking a little thin.

I cut down and took out the Verbena bonariensis in the left hand corner, and the rose in that corner will follow suit.No chives (chive oil victim) and the fig, winter cress, calamintha and strawberries battered by that hailstorm. The calamintha is usually still full of flowers but they were knocked off. Poor bees. I see them sucking thirstily at the few Thai basil flowers that are left.

The yellow thing on the street is a pipe left over from street digging by the gas company, National Grid. It's been there for two weeks.

Back on the terrace the squirrel has been franticaly busy, burying nuts in every pot, and quite bold. This evening I took picures of him drinking from the pool on Raccoon House's roof.

5 comments:

  1. I hope The Don doesn't try to take on that "skwerl." It might be small, but it can do some damage!
    And the terrace will recover and be as glorious again next season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged the pic to the max. It might be a little thin but all in all that's a busy terrace.

    Good to see that the US gas people (yellow pipe) are as crap as the French gas people at getting stuff finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I like your blog very much. Can you tell me who delivered your soil? I need top soil for my own project.

    Thanks

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David

    I pretty much delivered my own soil :-)But I buy it at GRDN on Hoyt and Bond in Brooklyn. You could also try Keil Brothers in Queens. If you have a large order, they will deliver it for a fee.

    Smaller order (few bags) try Tony's hardware on Smith.

    http://www.keilbros.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David,

    Garden World has just acquired Keil Brothers. Garden World will continue to offer top soil deliveries.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.