Thursday, June 17, 2010

Glass

After the little prick, tick I mean 22 year old cat sitter had exited these square feet leaving a trail of shattered glass and filthy surfaces in late March, I sounded off about it here.

Yesterday a box arrived. Inside was a catnip cigar for the Don and 12 gorgeous, hand blown glasses sent by the lovely lady who had recommended the spoiled toddler young man for the job. There was no way she could have known, yet she felt responsible. For that, mea culpa.

So, from this island to that mainland, I thank you, Melanie. Your extraordinary generosity will be our drinking pleasure, and hopefully, soon, yours too.

4 comments:

  1. They DO look good with your terrace wall as a backdrop no matter what they will be filled up with...Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. no mea in that culpa - all culpability rests in that . . . young man who should have had the cojones to man up. Good lord, the kids today. I can't remember the last time I was so hideously embarrassed by something/someone and I hope it's an even longer time before it happens again.

    wv: credroc.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.