Monday, March 16, 2009

Inside


I approach packing my bag the way I approach keeping my apartment manageable. They're both the same size, after all.
Clutter paralyses me, literally. It's the great procrastinator. I don't really feel comfortable getting anything done, creatively, or even feel easy in my skin, until I can see all surfaces, know that the dishes are washed up or hidden in the dishwasher, the bed made, the cat flossed, the bath gleaming. All receipts noted and thrown out or saved in a nice folder. Until the kilim is vacuumed. The cat fur rolled off the white duvet. If the house is a mess my head is a mess.

So the less I have the easier it is. But I'm beginning to notice things. My Heywood Wakefield chairs need re-upholstering and covering. The one support for my table's fold-out leaves is cracked and needs to be replaced. Who does that?? The antique screen needs re-covering.

So I must organize that. But first I should vacuum.

5 comments:

  1. LOL, that's one neat handbag content diagram. I think I would have permuted the camera and phone, but that's just me. And soon, you'll have to make space for another envelope, government-issued that one. :-)

    This being said, I'll bet'ya you can't you wait for me to add a little disturbance to all this perfectly organized environment... XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Permitted the camera and phone? Well, I do permit them...

    xxx Bloody hell. I wouldn't mind how big that envelope was, if only it would come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey. When you come visit... err... how can I put it... culture shock? Beence, can you prepare her? Imagine a large house, 3 cats, one kid, 2 adults, everybody messy but one, and the notion of "neat" a sort of ideal to dream about? Oh lord. She won't want to stay 2 days or she'll be horrified... hmmm. Well, as it says on my fridge, you can look at the dust but please don't write in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so relieved someone else is the same way. I need order and harmony around me, or nothing else can get done. Ordered environment = ordered brain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.