Hen - No, man, too cold here for loquats! I think it is viburnum, edible, known as blackhaw. Very nice for jam. But your comment is very funny since I am becoming known as a forager, and I have blamed it all on you and Tokai mushrooms, you know!
Good question, webb! Short answer is I don't know if all are, but several most definitely are: Cranberry viburnum (V. trilobum) is edible, and has red berries - good for jelly, so is V. opulus - also has red berries.
Picture? This is a good idea for story...I shall look into it.
Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.
Maybe I never told you when you were small - dont' put everything in your mouth. What are those things anyway? Loquats ?
ReplyDeleteHen - No, man, too cold here for loquats! I think it is viburnum, edible, known as blackhaw. Very nice for jam. But your comment is very funny since I am becoming known as a forager, and I have blamed it all on you and Tokai mushrooms, you know!
ReplyDeleteIs ALL viburnum edible - that is, safe? I have a lovely one that grows pretty red berries. Should I be planning on jelly?
ReplyDeleteGood question, webb! Short answer is I don't know if all are, but several most definitely are: Cranberry viburnum (V. trilobum) is edible, and has red berries - good for jelly, so is V. opulus - also has red berries.
ReplyDeletePicture? This is a good idea for story...I shall look into it.
bottlebrush buckeye
ReplyDeleteHi Janet - no, not close, I am afraid - look at the leaves...
ReplyDelete