Friday, July 22, 2011

Chris Arnade's photos



I have been looking at Chris Arnade's pictures for a couple of years on Flickr. Back from when he called himself Carnade. He gets better and better. I look forward to the day when we can say, We knew him when... I don't know him, we've never met, and probably never will. But his eye, point of view and ease with his subjects elevate his images to a level whose singularity will win him some serious attention. Quite apart from his talent, I envy his rapport with people.

I am enjoying this particular series of his, but you can see his whole photostream here.


6 February 2012: Here's a more recent post about Chris and some of his subjects.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Marie. What a great find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincident; I'm Chris's sister and lived for 21 years in East London, SA: now living in USA. Obviously I'm a fan of his work. Trying to put together a collection of his photos for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisa - no problem!

    Hi Jeanette - small world...we drove through that part of the world last year, from up north down to the coast and home to Cape Town...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, his work is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.