Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hot summer nights


Ja, the roses weren't so happy about this. One of the most important things to me about having even this postage-stamp of an outdoor space, was to have a place to make a braai. In South Africa braaivleis is a way of life approximating a fundamentalist religious belief. I understand that the South feels the same about barbecue. So a braai is just a barbecue. My barbecue is a copper bowl made in Turkey, plus not very attactive black metal legs and a grid whose spaces are too wide, so shrimp and small lamb chops fall in. I got it from Williams Sonoma as soon as I moved into this apartment. I think it would also make a very good pond with a water lily...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.