Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The woman who picnicked too much


The inelegant S shape on the left is a wonderfully fresh herb sauce that I made for our poached chicken breasts for a recent roof picnic, the day the temperatures started to go back down. Basil, parsley, cilantro, mint, lemon juice, a little sugar some salt, lots of pepper, and mayonnaise. The eggs were stuffed with their yolks into which I'd mashed some parmesan, a drop of soy, and a drip of lemon. My version of thousand island dressing for the iceberg - mayonnaise again (I am going to throw the bottle away. It is dangerous stuff), a squirt of ketchup (ditto), Worcestershire sauce, cooked egg yolk, some vinegar, a cornichon in lieu of pickle relish. Interesting. Not bad. But not really my kind of thing.


I had overchilled the prosecco - you get paranoid about cold things when the heat crawls above 100', even once - so we had prosecco and juneberry syrup slushies.

This time the cat remained with us, not panting. He likes picnics.

4 comments:

  1. Can there be such a woman?

    I think not.

    xo J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impossible to picnic too much! Plus, you do things with such style! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat doesn't run off?!! Wow. We'd never see ours again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.