Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Day Menu

Coffee and a rusk: helps with planning menus



Aperitif - Bellinis:
Fresh white peach puree and chilled prosecco

___________


Cold, roasted yellow pepper soup with buttermilk

_________________________

Plates of things:

Roasted whole and sliced fresh tomatoes with garden herbs and buffalo mozzarella

Artichokes (barigoule or cold with mayonnaise)

Fresh baby broad beans (fava beans) with ham

Rillettes of pork belly (I know, I know)

Sourdough

____________________


Hand-sliced smoked salmon with lemon wedges and black pepper

Rough brown seedbread and butter

Baby potato salad: with spring onions, sorrel and lemon/olive oil vinaigrette
                          or     with mayonnaise and hot mustard dressing
(which should it be?)

Green garden salad with purple spring onions

________________________


Chocolate and almond flour tortes with raw raspberry sauce

Passion fruit mousse

___________________

Cheese

Fresh figs

Patriot Street pecans

Vin du Constance


Now I must start my engines and get cooking!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to start a New Year! We are doing the traditional Cured Ribs, Sauerkraut and Mashed Potatoes. Ja! :)
    All the best for you, Vincent and Estorbo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this at 7.30am, sky a pale blue/soft grey pin stripe,coffee hot and strong...I go with the mustard!

    Happy New Year to you all!


    (The leaky eegloo has been reported to the Housing Department.Ees no *** good!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent menu. You motivated me to post my traditional New Year's dessert recipe. I'll get the full menu up tomorrow...IF (!) if I remember to take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds too good to be true! We'll go with a more southern (US) plan - Smithfield ham with blackeyed peas and stewed tomatoes. Mitchell will add collard greens, altho I will take a chance on less money for the year and pass!

    Happy New Year to you and your family in SA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy new year Marie! my mouth waters in anticipation. Vin de Constance... all I can say to that is 'hou my vas!'

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.