Dietsch and I used to love to take a random weekday off work, hop on the train and head out to the Rockaways for the day. Always off-season, when the beaches were empty and the brisk wind made our cheeks burn. I've been trying to locate copies of the photos I took on those trips, but now, I think they'd just make me sadder.
Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.
Dietsch and I used to love to take a random weekday off work, hop on the train and head out to the Rockaways for the day. Always off-season, when the beaches were empty and the brisk wind made our cheeks burn. I've been trying to locate copies of the photos I took on those trips, but now, I think they'd just make me sadder.
ReplyDeleteMy guess (which was wrong) was the old dump on Staten Island. Bet it might look similar again. What a tragedy. xoxo
ReplyDeletegirl.. iknew it had to be. was just talking to a ranger yesterday about that pile.
ReplyDeleteWow... : ( so sorry for all who have a connection to this place x
ReplyDelete