Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Spring Street at the Bowery


I found myself downtown, yesterday.

"This is the rare month, the only month, when I cannot tell time by what is in bloom. The botanical city is on lockdown. Street trees are naked, the sidewalks are tightlipped and weed-free. Discarded Christmas trees cast adrift on curbs weep dry needles, waiting for trash pick up. Concrete and metal and rust and empty earth are laid bare. The city is stripped. The only thing in bloom on the exposed streets is graffiti..."










1 comment:

  1. Great images. I always associate Spring Street with the movie 9 1/2 Weeks because Elizabeth worked at the Spring Street Gallery. That movie made me want to move immediately to New York City (and shag Mickey Rourke, pre-plastic surgery - but that's a whole other story!!)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.