Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow in Harlem


Good morning from a frigid 127th Street, where it is currently 13'F/ -11'C. Windchill is -2'F/ -21'C.

I was out for under five minutes to take this picture (not so green anymore, is it?)- in three layers, and warm boots, but without gloves. By the time I came back inside my hands were in some interesting pain. I hope that New Yorkers without a home today have headed down into the subways. This is killing cold.

The Frenchman is working at home, opposite me at the table near the windows, as Shutterstock is shuttered for the day. Soon, I will be brave and head out to Central Park, clad this time in his serious Canadian cold gear. Nothing I own will keep me warm.

Enjoy the snow if you are in it, keep warm, and buy someone a hot drink if they need it.

10 comments:

  1. -36C this morning here in Quebec... Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please be careful out there. (oh dear, I'm starting to sound like my mother!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this shot - and your touching thoughtfulness as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed this year I'm the only one on the train with gloves any day of the week. I might have missed the fashion memo, that's nothing new, or is it the relentless phone touching?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to think you're writing this while wearing slippers....but I guess that's just wistful thinking?

    xo j

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy yourself some cold gear, Sweetie! Then the two of you can bear the cold together... <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. In "SoHar" (sic!) South Harwich, Massachusetts: in the single digits and lower on Saturday and Sunday, (and may not get out of the teens on Monday), high winds, 20"+, still snowing....blizzard conditions continue, high tide coastal areas threatened......beautiful however....Happy New Year! GH

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Serious Canadian cold gear..." Don't suppose you want to hear about our record-breaking heatwave and fires? No, thought not. (But if anyone is interested, some places out West are hitting high 40sCelsius.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even here in Georgia we are in low 20s and high teens with even colder weather and maybe snow to come by early in the week. Definitely glove weather. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.