Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Winter reading in Martha Stewart Living


Here, page one of a two page spread of really stunning books: carefully curated suggested winter reading for gardeners, appearing in this month's print issue of Martha Stewart Living. I think I have enough books and then I see something like this and my mouth begins to water. Where to put them? Stacks on floor. Only answer. On this page Amy Stewart's earthworm book, Latin for Gardeners and the gorgeous Ken Druse book (we share a publisher) speak to me.

(Also in February's issue, garden photographer Marion Brenner's own garden with her tips for capturing your garden at its best...)

Go, buy some paper!

4 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with cookbooks. Here's how I limit myself (a little): I test run the cookbook from the library. If I end up putting stickies on > 50% of the pages, I know that I've got a runner up. But before I buy it, I have to try at least one recipe to see if the recipe lives up to the presentation. I STILL buy too many cookbooks!

    As a side note, I used to have a cat named Catlett that would give every library book that I brought home a good sniffing. I always thought that she enjoyed the library books as much as I did. She was just exploring the past users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering over those books, too. *Love* books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing these book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you Marie! Books - hopeless addiction.
    When I move house (which is often - I don't root easily)I have a couple of bags for clothes, my animals and eight or nine crates of books : ) These look terrific...

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.