Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Point, not pluck


This is Samson, waiting for a fare, on Central Park South. He ate a carrot while he waited. Poor Samson. I met him the other day after doing some reconnaissance for a foraging walk I will lead this morning in the park for guests of the Peninsula Hotel, under the auspices of their Academy Program, which gives visitors to New York a(n exclusive) taste of the real city.


We will not spend much time here, on The Mall.


But here. Where the green (and red) things are.


And we will be looking, not picking. I counted 30 edible plants the other day.

7 comments:

  1. lobelia cardinalis? i love that plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be in NY the weekend of October 12 -- any walks planned that weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is lobelia cardinalis edible? I first "discovered" this plant last year in one of Cleveland's metro parks and was most impressed with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as far as I know, Brian. These were just my tourist pictures :-)

      Delete
  4. It makes me so sad to see those horses out on the hot streets. Why do people lack empathy?

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.