Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fig cutting


Good news and bad news.

You may remember those fig cuttings I wrote about in the early spring?

The good news is that one survived.

The bad news is that six did not. We were away too long in mid spring and the cuttings I took succumbed to slime and neglect on my part, and just this one clung to life. Over the last month it has put out good roots, and I have just potted it up. It will continue the legacy of The Nameless Fig, whose own fruit is now hard and green, and will ripen towards the end of September.


That's the good news.

But it means that the folks in line for successfully rooted cuttings must be denied. I am very sorry. I will try again.

I should really start  a blog about figs. Everybody wants one. (Figs, I mean.)

2 comments:

  1. Marie, my very tall fig tree could use a good trimming so if you want a bushel full of cuttings, you got them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but at least one survived! And my copy of your book has been shipped, so at least I have a little piece of your balcony garden in my physical hands, now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.