Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Buckets of flowers


In your best Cockney: "Summer flars!" Some actually from the terrace.

Rather squished, in an old maple syrup bucket.

Suddenly I am reminded of a craving. I used to work late nights at an Eritrean restaurant. I'd come home starving. But I wanted very simple food. There was a phase of cooking polenta for myself - the soft kind, then pouring a lake of maple syrup into the middle of it, and surrounding it with a glacier of milk. I'd eat that, at 1am.

And now I want it...

1 comment:

  1. Luscious photos from, and commentary about your book at Gardenista this morning !

    http://www.gardenista.com/posts/66-square-feet

    Looking forward to the publication date and receipt of the book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.