Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Figs

These were delicious. From the New Green Pea for $2.99...

I also bought some white donut peaches (terrible name for a peach. Flat peaches?), and sliced one into a glass of Prosecco.

It's summer.

7 comments:

  1. yum, yes it is! the middle composition is especially lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those figs ..... $2.99 each ?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those figs look divine. I agree that donut is a terrible name for a peach. Are they the same thing as Saturn peaches? Flat with a dent in the middle? The farm stand where I buy my produce calls them that. Don't know if that's the real name, but it's ever so much more interesting. Mythical, even.

    ReplyDelete
  4. QC, thank you...

    Hen, no! $2.99 for the punnet! I ate the first few very fast so I am not sure how many there were...maybe 8 or 9.

    Gigi, that's better. Saturn peaches. Yes, flat with a dent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only their tree didn't cause such a sticky battlefield of ripe fallen fruits and attract so many wasps, it would be perfect! - Not that yours has this problem, of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hm, no fig tree within my reach would cause sticky anything, because I would eat them all. I remember climbing a fig tree in Bloemfontein, behind our kitchen - it was huge. The figs' skins were pale, lime green and bright pink flesh-flower inside.

    There are figs in Constantia, old trees, which have green-brown skin, and ruby-red fruit inside which has a slightly sour edge to the sweet. They split at the bottoms and are the most beautiful and delicious figs I have seen or eaten, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are truly living my friend...go figs go!

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.