Wednesday, August 6, 2008

August

Is this not a hornet? I cut the catnip back for the second time this year, this evening. Maybe flush Number 3 will happen in September?

Not all annuals are to be derided. Calibrachoa is very useful in an unpretentious, spilly kind of way...

I call this Mexico Libre: Tequila and Coca Cola. The latter, too, not to be derided...


6 comments:

  1. Me thinks it should be an America Libre, considering the latter... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the hornet, I hope you had a good zoom on your camera? Great drink, I am not completely teetotal you know! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Centvingt - they called the Cuba Libre a mentirita because not all Cubans feel very free. The orginal was made with syrup of cola nuts (um, sounds like a disease...), which preceeded Coke as we know it.

    Louise - my macro means I get very close to the hornet. If it's a hornet. My coke drinks are guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mentirita. How interesting. Is the Sex on the Beach a mentirita too? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That depends...:-)

    Otherwise it's just an awful drink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Icy cold coca cola on a hot summer day....bliss! (right, with or without the tequila).

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.