Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cheating Friday

Stopping in at Stinky and the weird Met Food Store on Smith, I picked up supper: the NY State prosciutto mentioned before, the Robiola, some ciabatta, and little arugula leaves from the Met. That place smells funny.

The prosciutto costs $6/half a pound, which is just fine with me. The Italian pig would be double that.

I panfried some leftover red potatoes. A strange thing to do, under the circumstances, but I wanted them. With a vinaigrette of apple cider vinegar and some thinly sliced red onion and Jonagold apple (I'm eating my way though accumulated farmers' market apples) on the leaves, and a glass of serious, Kanonkop Cabernet, it was a perfect supper. I ate too much cheese, of course; just kept on going after everything else was gone.

You know that a bite of good bread tastes very good with a mouthful of good red wine? Makes you feel sort of primitive and biblical.

Sorry. Too much information.


1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about bread and red wine. So uniquely satisfying!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.