Tuesday, February 1, 2022

In the shadows


From the photo files, as I swim my way back to the present, through images.

There are as many shadows in my feelings about family as there are in this picture of the kitchen where I find meaning and occupation (is occupation, meaning?) when I return home. 

But objects become lodestars. Sweet peas, old South African cookbooks, green figs, ripe figs, nasturtium seeds.

The light also makes me think of Karel Schoeman's Another Country. I must read it again.

____________________

2 comments:

  1. I think I know how you feel.

    You write with sensitivity and honesty. I do hope one day you will write in longer form (memoir, collection of essays?). I have enjoyed your writing on food, gardening, travel. But I've also learned a lot from your more contemplative posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I absolutely agree with you. Marie, please consider this...
      Korien

      Delete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.