Tuesday, February 1, 2022

In the shadows


From the photo files, as I swim my way back to the present, through images.

There are as many shadows in my feelings about family as there are in this picture of the kitchen where I find meaning and occupation (is occupation, meaning?) when I return home. 

But objects become lodestars. Sweet peas, old South African cookbooks, green figs, ripe figs, nasturtium seeds.

The light also makes me think of Karel Schoeman's Another Country. I must read it again.

____________________

2 comments:

  1. I think I know how you feel.

    You write with sensitivity and honesty. I do hope one day you will write in longer form (memoir, collection of essays?). I have enjoyed your writing on food, gardening, travel. But I've also learned a lot from your more contemplative posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I absolutely agree with you. Marie, please consider this...
      Korien

      Delete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.