Thursday, April 10, 2008

New York Spring: foot of the Brooklyn Bridge


On the Brooklyn side of the bridge - the sweet little park where I saw my first spring flower in early March, the winter aconite. Vince wouldn't let me hop the fence so I bent double at the waist, over the iron railing, and then straightened like a snake to take thissss picture.



Just what I've been looking for: a white flowering quince. The salmon one on Congress is still going strong, with the flowers saturated now and finding themselves surrounded gradually by rich green little leaves. But the white...very nice.

A viburnum waiting for warmer weather. It will smell very good.


A fancy scilla, I think. And as I type a mosquito buzzes me. The second I have seen in a week. It seems wrong.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.