Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunday Occupations

After fetching my paints from work yesterday I stopped in at Los Paisanos on Smith Street to satisfy the craving I had for Ouma's Spicy Lamb Shanks - a recipe I have grown up with. Slow-cooked lamb "wrists" as I think of them, to which are added after two hours the oven (first dust them with flour, salt and pepper and cook covered at 350' with a little water), a cup of raisins in two of water with a tablespoon of vinegar, honey, 1/2 tsp of cloves, allspice, and I added juniper berries. It is yummy. No pictures, I ate it too fast. This all cooked tantalizingly while I painted.

I love this shop. It was packed yesterday, perhaps in preparation for Thanksgiving. A phone order came in for ten rabbit livers and foie gras. Terrine? And who is making it and how do I score an invitation? I bought my two shanks which were cut up for me and squeezed back out into the November rain.

Estorbo guarded my drawings. He took my death threat seriously. No chewing these papers or I will keell you, I said.

The second day of burial in paper.

Now it's a rainy Monday and everything must be well wrapped and taken to the copiers.

2 comments:

  1. Designing. Cool! A new toy! All we need now is a sidebar item to navigate to all those designing posts... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.