Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Izumi, Phu and the Ginger Ale Pig

This was last Thanksgiving, at Eric and Mimi's...this is Phu, Mimi's brother. It has become a tradition that if we have Thanksgiving together, I make a ginger ale pig. Phu gets quite excited about this.

I owe Phu a favour: I called Izumi today - Izumi, petite Japanese hairdresser with bat tattooed on her neck, who runs a secret salon in the East Village, reached by word of mouth. Eric and Mimi were the word, and that's how I know Izumi.

I have a Hair Situation and TV shoot in quick order, and the two are not compatible. I had taken advice, considered it from all angles, weighed the consequences and I still hated it.

So I phoned Izumi in desperation today to see if she could do some repair work before Friday and she's said, "Noooo, so sorry, I'm all booked...but Phu has a 1pm..." and a little giggle! Ha! I email Phu and everyone he knows to see if he'll swap with me, and take a Friday appointment. Rashly, I dangle a ginger ale pig in front him.

Sure, he replies just now, You can have my 1pm, but it'll cost two pigs.

Two pigs it is. Anything to avoid the being the Fluffbomb. My Canadian viewing audience is extremely important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.