Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ramps and Pancetta

Marijke, who is visiting from South Africa, gave me a bunch of ramps. In New York ramps mean spring. I sauteed them last night with pancetta and plopped them on top of an endive, arugula and beet salad.

Tomorrow is the Rose Party day. You can't see the ones in bloom in this pic (these in the background are New Dawn, and will be pink). The Icebergs are on the other side of the terrace and have exploded, so we're having drinks and teeny sandwiches, and I will squeeze everyone into my mousetrap-apartment for the duration.

2 comments:

  1. You're so gosh darn civilized - I love the set the table for yourself as you would for guests! :-) Oh, and by the way, I just love the photo of you at First Presby. Who in the heck took that lovely photo????

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true - Marie is a natural sophisticat - she just can't help it! b.t.w. I love the writing. For those who haven't seen the terrace it's beautiful - the pictures don't do it justice at all. It's a little oasis of texture and greenery, and where every pebble, mirror, object feels comfortably 'at home'. Looking forward to the party!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.