Monday, August 20, 2007

And finally


WOW! I just opened my new HWandV copy of Elle Decoration and found this kitchen...I think it's stunning. The owner "is not a keen cook" so the kitchen was shrunk. It is such a silly premise, though...In this case (the case of kitchens, I mean) smaller is better - you can reach everything. Or why do restaurant kitchens have galleys??? I hate doing laps to fetch things I need. These massive sprawls you see in a lot of magazines really are for people who don't cook. Or am I biased because I live in a moustrap where the cheese-space is, er, limited? Anyway, I thought this, especially for orange-lovers, was gorgeous. It's by Brazilian architects Triptyque (3 Frenchmen, 1 Brazilian woman. Lucky lady).


2 comments:

  1. That's one orange kitchen! But I agree about the size, who needs a kitchen that requires you to be on roller blades to go from the counter to the oven? I'd add a touch of green somewhere, though... Like eyes, maybe? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an upsetting sort of soup: green eyes. :-)))

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.