Friday, November 15, 2019

Winter Cabin - A Cranberry Cocktail


For me winter cocktails are on a spectrum remote from summer’s floral cordials and mint-singing mojitos. I could no more sip a gin and tonic indoors in a northern winter's climate than I could go bobsledding in my negligée. Wait. I don’t have a negligée...

As light clothes are packed (far) away and the sweaters and coats are shaken out, fresh drinks are shaken up. Citrus is in season, and for us that mean right in our bedroom! While I have them, I use the fragrant Thai limes.

Head next door, to 66 Square Feet (the Food), where you will find the recipe for  'Winter Cabin' (above) - a shaking up of white rum, Chartreuse (we visited Chartreuse country in early summer), and an easy cranberry syrup. With lime zest and juice.

________________


6 comments:

  1. I sometimes see the lime leaves in the supermarket;they are rather nice to hang in a wardrobe or linen closet, too.

    I've been meaning ask-are you familiar with Black Garlic? It's as high on the shopping list as cat food and wine since we were introduced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could definitely grow these limes in your climate... Yes, I know black garlic :-) Have you tried making it?

      Delete
  2. Might think about Thai lime for a pot. Certainly not root room in the ground! And, no, I buy my black garlic. Absolutely love it!Can't now consider pasta carbonara without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, a quick question ... is the only difference between "Quick Cranberry Syrup" and the other one is 1 cup of sugar? I made it yesterday without the sugar. Do i need to start over? thanks,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One recipe is sour, no sugar at all (used in the Red Rita cocktail). The quick syrup (used in Winter Cabin) is sweet with 1 cup of sugar. And then there is a slow, fermented sweet syrup!

      Delete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.