Saturday, June 28, 2014

Dove tale, for two players


Horatio, (unseen) to Cecil, on fence: Yo Cecil, it's me, down here!


Horatio, aggrieved: Down here on the chair yo'. Dumb bird.


 Horatio: Yeah. What it is, the Woman left some seed in this bowl, yo.


Horatio: Yup, that's seed in there. 


Horatio: SEED!


Cecil, peering into bowl: I say, Horatio, my good chap, you are absolutely spot on. That is seed in there. I say!


Cecil, in bowl: Oh, this is delightful!


Cecil, occupying bowl: In fact, bugger off, Horatio!


Horatio, exiting stage R: Yo mama, Cecil!

_______________

12 comments:

  1. Amazing photos. As always. And hilarious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love the doves? I have two kinds in my back yard and really enjoy them. That first pic where's she's hunkered down on the birch pole is nice. Love all the things you've done to make that bare, exposed patio a lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you had to sit real still...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been in Harlem long 'nough to pick up the patois, yo. :-)

    (Love the scarlet runner and gloriosa)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG and here I have to beg the birds to stay out of my yard!! You must have a very well mannered cat, yo.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable and your pictures and captions fantastic. And the flowers are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Priceless! And great photos. It's amazing what you can see when you sit still long enough. Not easy in this fast paced world.

    Nancy Mc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And the cat was probably sleeping under the table the whole time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This cracked me up! You do have an amazing way with words. Thank you for the good laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.