Thursday, July 18, 2013

Books and black currants


Later, this very hot day, I'll sweat my way back to the farmers market to see if I can scoop up some more currants. I'll have missed the black ones, I am sure, because word is out and they are being sold by the trayful (...ahem) in the early morning. No, I was not there in the early morning.

But the red ones make for wunnerful gin and I need more infusions. I am stock piling. You never know when you might need to pour a lot of pink gin.

For a book party on September 7th, at 4pm, perhaps. Wanna come? Book Court.


Here's some jam. I will post a recipe later on (The Food). But first I must start to write a story about this bread! bread! bread! [in the video, stick around till 0:58].

Stay cool. This city is melting.

And if you live near a glacier, please roll in it for me. Don't let it run you over.

4 comments:

  1. Anything scheduled for DC? I could see a roadtrip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Webb is right. DC needs you. This is all going to be happening in one hot second. It's wonderful Marie.

    xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. webb and Jane :-(

      ...I'd love to, but my publishers say there is no budget to do a "tour." It is disappointing.

      I would have loved to, as I feel the book would be welcomed, and then I could visit y'all :-)

      Delete
  3. The photograph of your glass of gin looks like a painting from Autumn de Forest!

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.