Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer rain

I know this won't make me popular in this neck of the woods, but I wouldn't mind a couple more crashing thunderstorms. I look forward to walking home in the rain, feet out of my slippery flip- flops, clean water rushing through the streets, feet bare in street streams.

4 comments:

  1. We're supposed to have storms here this afternoon, though the sun is shining gloriously in a blue sky at the moment. A rare sight. Too bad I'm at work.

    I used to love walking barefoot on the rainy sidewalks in Providence when I lived there, and always looked forward to seeing storms over the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, I love a good thunderstorm too, especially those that come after a heavily charged atmosphere and a strange yellow light in the sky. Not so sure about the walking barefoot in the streets though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, if that's a picture of rain, we sure have different rain over here... But I generously grant you all the rain you want - before I get there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain is granted, maybe this evening.

    I get thirsty seeing all that cumulonimbo moisture pumping into the stratosphere.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.