Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Nibble on this


With the temperatures dipping to 22'F/-5'C tonight, this may be the last day of life for my flatleaf parsley, which is still bright green on the terrace, and about the only thing I feel like eating after our over indulgent dinner last night.

I made a small dish of chimichurri-type sauce to go with our slow-cooked pig: half parsley, half cilantro (about 2 cups total), 3 cloves of garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp sugar, 1 lime's juice, pepper and about 5 Tbsp of olive oil. Making that in the blender was a performance. Much scraping and pushing down and swearing. Food processor would be better. Anyway, a dab of that vitamin-rich pick-me-up on the succulent pork is an excellent foil for the fatty meat.

Now if only I hadn't eaten so much crispy crackling.

2 comments:

  1. Bye bye Parsley.

    Actually, not everything froze last night -the salvia being the canary in the froze mine.

    ReplyDelete

Please use the Name option when leaving comments. Anonymous comments may not be published. Comments on posts more than two days are moderated for spam.