Friday, December 30, 2011

Mimi update


Last week Chris emailed me to let me know that when he went back to visit Mimi the young lady cat and Jamie (aka Dragon) at their home under the expressway in the Bronx, no one, and nothing,  had been there. No Mimi, no Jamie, no gang of friend (below), no bedding, no camp. All gone. Bad news.

Turns out that they had been cleared out by the Department of Sanitation. Then, a few days later, they were all back, including Mimi, and fairly mum about the details of what had happened. Apparently that is part of life on the street. Such a home as you may create, might suddenly disappear.


So Mimi is back on schedule to be spayed, probably next Wednesday, if all goes well and everyone stays put.

Chris is collecting blankets to take with him, as all the blankets disappeared, too, and did not reappear after the removal. If you can get blankets to Brooklyn, please leave a note in the comments...

5 comments:

  1. So wish I could help. Hard from here. I can, though, send my very best wishes to all these people who have to be so strong just to get through each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Virginia and I have three worn but warm duvets that I could send if I had an address. Perhaps the wiser thing to do, if people closer by respond to this call, is for me to take mine to my local homeless shelter. Please advise via email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give an address and I will mail. Family is in town, otherwise I would take my Garmin and brave my way into New York again. (sunnerab)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can donate a few things. Am in Boston now and will be back in ton by Jan 5th morning. Please let me know how to proceed! Happy, happy year's end to all!!

    xxPritha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy and Pritha - will pass thes eon to Chris and ask him to get in touch. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.