blank'/> 66 Square Feet (Plus): Hot summer nights

Saturday, June 2, 2007

Hot summer nights


Ja, the roses weren't so happy about this. One of the most important things to me about having even this postage-stamp of an outdoor space, was to have a place to make a braai. In South Africa braaivleis is a way of life approximating a fundamentalist religious belief. I understand that the South feels the same about barbecue. So a braai is just a barbecue. My barbecue is a copper bowl made in Turkey, plus not very attactive black metal legs and a grid whose spaces are too wide, so shrimp and small lamb chops fall in. I got it from Williams Sonoma as soon as I moved into this apartment. I think it would also make a very good pond with a water lily...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...